Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Melodion

One breezy afternoon last year, my friend Jimbert and I spotted an unusual little instrument displayed at a flea market. It was a melodion with a price tag of less than $3.00! It ended with us taking it home and a dollar & a half short in our pockets You see, we have this undying dream of starting a band and with an instrument this whimsical (and awful cheap too) we were ecstatic! In the end, it was decided that I'd "get to know it" for the mean time. 


The only song I could play so far was Damien Rice's Volcano, substituting the cello parts with the melodion. Together with Jimbert's guitar and me with the melodion as the accompaniment, we decided to give it a try. I was really shy at first since it's been a while since I actually sang. And besides, doing this in a cafe, with people hearing my voice quiver, does not actually help. But in the end we were satisfied with the result of the jam sessions. Too bad, we haven't had another take on it. I wish we have more time now.

No comments:

Post a Comment